Wednesday 21 September 2016

Progress for this lesson - 21/09/16





At the start of this lesson, I decided to carry on working on a Prezi presentation I am producing to analyse screenshots I have taken from the music video for "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by 'Panic! At The Disco'. Placing my screenshots next to blocks of writing where I use GLARN, as well as my research into the codes and conventions (and typical conventions of music videos) to analyse these shots, and decide if they conform to or contradict them. I payed particular attention to Andrew Goodwin's theory and the 7 expectations he lists; as well as the codes and conventions of rock music videos.


Through the first half of the lesson and progressed much further - I still have a few screenshots left to analyse.
These are all my screenshots from the video for "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"
by 'Panic! At The Disco'.



Lastly, to end this lesson I watched a few more videos on YouTube to decide what one I would analyse. I have decided I am going to analyse Juliet Simms video for her song "End of The World" - I have 38 screenshots from this, and so far it is the music video I am most looking forward to analysing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment